Our Digital Media team reviews apps for their accessibility for blind and vision impaired users.
We review apps for Apple iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad due to the accessibility features that comes inbuilt with these devices. We hope that as accessibility improves we will be able to profile and review apps for Android, Blackberry and Windows devices as well.
These reviews are performed by sighted users, who use the inbuilt VoiceOver screen reader to test which elements of the app the screen reader can access and their eyes to see which elements the screen reader misses.
Our assessment is based on the software version at the time of testing. We aim to update reviews and add new ones over time.
- Apple Maps: the new default navigation app for iOS 6 devices.
- Facebook for iPhone: the official app released by Facebook in August 2012
- Remember the Milk: a popular task management tool
- Cards: lets you design, print and send greeting cards
- iBooks for iPad: allows you to buy and read eBooks
Got an app you’d like tested? Email us your suggestions.
Top of page