The access features include:
- Ability to access captions and audio description (AD) on programs where available, and switch these on an off via the remote control.
- Ability to access captions on interactive services where available.
- An electronic program guide (EPG) which will identify programs with captions and AD, and the ability to change a program schedule from a grid to a list.
- Ability to incorporate text-to-speech (TTS) functions, and connect to TTS-enabled devices.
- A simple user interface, with the user able to change colour schemes and the size of text, and audio feedback when a function is selected.
Project Canvas is a proposed partnership between the BBC, ITV, C4, Five, BT and Talk Talk, subject to BBC Trust approval.
Top of page